from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or concerned with the stars or constellations; stellar.
- adj. Measured or determined by means of the apparent daily motion of the stars: sidereal time.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to the stars.
- adj. Relating to a measurement of time relative to the position of the stars.
- adj. Relating to a measurement of time relative to the point of the vernal equinox.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Relating to the stars; starry; astral.
- adj. Measuring by the apparent motion of the stars; designated, marked out, or accompanied, by a return to the same position in respect to the stars
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining or relating to the constellations or fixed stars; consisting of or constituted by fixed stars: as, the sidereal regions; sidereal calculations; a sidereal group or system.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the stars or constellations
- adj. (of divisions of time) determined by daily motion of the stars
From Latin sīdereus, from sīdus, sīder-, constellation, star.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Latin sidereus, from sidus, sider-, star (Wiktionary)