from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative form of hydroelectric.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, employed in, or produced by, the evolution of electricity by means of a battery in which water or steam is used.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Effecting the development of electricity by a certain use of steam: as, a hydro-electric machine.
- Of or pertaining to the generation of electric currents by means of water-power.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or used in the production of electricity by waterpower
Sorry, no etymologies found.