from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the heavens; celestial.
- adj. Of, relating to, or derived from uranium, especially with valence higher than in comparable uranous compounds.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Containing uranium in higher valences than uranous compounds.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the heavens; celestial; astronomical.
- adj. Pertaining to, resembling, or containing uranium; specifically, designating those compounds in which uranium has a valence relatively higher than in uranous compounds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In anthropology, relating to the palate.
- Of or pertaining to the heavens; celestial; astronomical.
- Pertaining to, obtained from, or containing uranium: noting salts of which the base is uranium sesquioxid, or in which uranium oxid acts as an acid.
From Greek ouranos, heaven.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
uran- + -ic (Wiktionary)