from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of star.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Adorned or studded with stars; bespangled.
- adj. Influenced in fortune by the stars.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Studded, decorated, or adorned with stars.
- Influenced by the stars: usually in composition: as, ill-starred.
- Cracked, with many rays proceeding from a central point: as, a starred pane of glass; a starred mirror.
- Marked or distinguished with a star or asterisk.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked with an asterisk
Sorry, no etymologies found.