from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Resembling a berry in texture or form; berrylike.
- adj. Bearing berries.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pulpy throughout, like a berry; said of fruits. Asa Gray.
- adj. Looking like a berry
- adj. Producing berries
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pulpy throughout, like a berry; -- said of fruits.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany: Pulpy and berry-like: applied to fruits. See berry. Bearing berries; berried.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. resembling a berry
- adj. producing or bearing berries
Because of this hegemony, many faculty on the left have softened into baccate self-caricatures, unable to tolerate dissent, and unwilling to think hard enough to justify their own positions.
Schlechtendal describes  the ordinarily baccate fruit of a vine as becoming dry, and even dehiscing by valves like a capsule.
Woods entirely of A. densa, with a small baccate-like deciduous leaved tree.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.