from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who has or is covered by an insurance policy. Also called assured.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Covered by an insurance policy.
- n. A person covered by an insurance policy.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of insure.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. covered by insurance
- n. a person whose interests are protected by an insurance policy; a person who contracts for an insurance policy that indemnifies him against loss of property or life or health etc.
Sorry, no etymologies found.