from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That has been described as greater than it actually is; abnormally increased or enlarged.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of exaggerate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Enlarged beyond bounds or the truth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In zoology, larger, more conspicuous, or more positive than that which is normal; specifically, in entomology, of deeper color: as, a species with exaggerated characters; exaggerated marks, spines, processes, etc.; a dark band exaggerated in the center.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. represented as greater than is true or reasonable
- adj. enlarged to an abnormal degree
Sorry, no etymologies found.