from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Arranged in classes or categories.
- adj. Available to authorized persons only, as for reasons of national security: a classified document.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of classify.
- adj. National security information formally assigned by governments to one of several levels of sensitivity, usually (in English) top secret, secret, confidential, and, in some countries, restricted; thereby making disclosure to unauthorized persons illegal.
- adj. Any information a person or organization does not wish to disclose.
- n. A classified advertisement in a newspaper or magazine.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. arranged into classes or categories.
- adj. assigned to a class of documents withheld from general circulation; -- of information or documents. Opposite of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. arranged into classes
- n. a short ad in a newspaper or magazine (usually in small print) and appearing along with other ads of the same type
- adj. official classification of information or documents; withheld from general circulation
classify + -ed (Wiktionary)