from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of order.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. having or evincing a systematic arrangement; especially, having elements succeeding in order according to rule. Opposite of
- adj. arranged in order.
- adj. in good order.
- adj. disposed or placed in a particular kind of order. OPposite of
- adj. arranged according to a quantitative criterion.
- adj. marked by an orderly, logical, and aesthetically consistent relation of parts.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. disposed or placed in a particular kind of order
- adj. marked by an orderly, logical, and aesthetically consistent relation of parts
- adj. having a systematic arrangement; especially having elements succeeding in order according to rule
Sorry, no etymologies found.
"We were ordered -- we were _ordered_ -- never to give, and we've given, and the sea will come in, and we'll all go to the bottom together!
Mulcaire was forced by the high court to write to Coogan's legal team revealing who at the title ordered him to hack into mobile phones belonging to a group of public figures in the middle part of the last decade, including the fashion model Elle Macpherson, the politician Simon Hughes, the publicist Max Clifford and a football agent, Sky Andrew.
The "re-rating" is an invention to raise the rating of bad MBSs, which consists of structuring them in sections, which they called ordered tranches, from highest to lowest based on the the probability of default, and with the commitment to prioritize payments to those less bad.
Yet what if what the doctor ordered is the exactly opposite?
I ordered from the Apple store since I was too beat to stand in line after a few days in Milwaukee.
Everything I ordered is a 3rd party only at this time.
Bill refused to kill Thor, and thus was deemed worthy of yielding Asgardian weaponry, so Odin ordered a new hammer to be made especially for Bill.
The captain ordered half a dozen of his men to take the wagon.
So now every copy I have ordered is spoken for, and I have no ability to order more.
The TVs (and Blu-ray player) can be pre-ordered from the SonyStyle. com and BestBuy. com websites immediately, and Sony says they'll be in the SonyStyle stores this weekend, and in Best Buy stores starting on October 24th.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.