from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of grade.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. ordered by some quantitative ranking.
- adj. leveled and drained but not paved; -- of roads.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Arranged in series of grades; existing in a series of grades: as, graded schools: graded forms.
- Reduced to a (specified) grade; specifically, in physical geography, possessing such a slope or form that the agencies of erosion and transportation which act upon it are essentially occupied in carrying forward the detritus which they receive: said of stream-courses, hillsides, beaches, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. arranged in a sequence of grades or ranks
Sorry, no etymologies found.