from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a hierarchy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to a hierarchy.
- adj. Of or pertaining to an ecclesiastic or priestly order.
- adj. Classified or arranged according to various criteria into successive ranks or grades.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as hierarchic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. classified according to various criteria into successive levels or layers
Compare French hiérarchique. (Wiktionary)