from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or arising from kinship.
- adj. Indicating or constituting relation.
- adj. Grammar Of, relating to, or being a word or particle, such as a conjunction or preposition, that expresses a syntactic relation between elements in a phrase or sentence.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to relations.
- adj. A database technology using tables and the principles set forth by Dr. Edgar F. Codd. (Contrary to popular notion, "relation" in this context refers to tables, and not linkages.)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having relation or kindred; related.
- adj. Indicating or specifying some relation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having relation or kindred.
- Indicating or specifying some relation: used in contradistinction to notional: as, a relational part of speech. Pronouns, prepositions, and conjunctions are relational parts of speech.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a relation or being related
Sorry, no etymologies found.