from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Restricted to invited participants: an invitational golf tournament.
- n. An event, especially a sports tournament, restricted to invited participants.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Serving as an invitation; inviting.
- adj. Restricted to participants who have been invited.
- n. An event, especially a tournament, that is restricted to invited participants
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. open only to persons issued an invitation; -- of gatherings, usually sports events.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. pertaining to or characteristic of an invitation
invitation + -al (Wiktionary)