from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a congregation.
- adj. Of or relating to Congregationalism or Congregationalists.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to a congregation
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a congregation; conducted, or participated in, by a congregation.
- adj. Belonging to the system of Congregationalism, or to Congregationalist; holding to the faith and polity of Congregationalism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to a congregation: as, congregational singing.
- Eccles., pertaining to government by congregations; governed by its own congregation, as a church; specifically (with a capital), pertaining to Congregationalism as a denominational designation: as, the congregational polity of the Baptists; the Congregational churches of the United States.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or pertaining to or characteristic of a Congregational church
- adj. relating to or conducted or participated in by a congregation
Sorry, no etymologies found.