from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Being in the shade, not in direct light.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of shade.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Marked with gradations of color.
- Screened; sheltered.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. protected from heat and light with shade or shadow
- adj. (of pictures or drawings) drawn or painted with degrees or gradations of shadow
Sorry, no etymologies found.