from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Arranged or proceeding in regular, systematic order.
- adj. Characterized by ordered and systematic habits or behavior. See Synonyms at orderly.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. in an organized manner
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Characterized by or exhibiting method; disposed or acting in a systematic way; systematic; orderly: as, the methodical arrangement of objects or topics; methodical accounts; a methodical man.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characterized by method and orderliness
From Ancient Greek μεθοδικός (methodikos, "going to work by rule, systematic, crafty"), + -al. (Wiktionary)