from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of heel.
- adj. Having a heel (often specified, as in high-heeled etc.).
- adj. Prepared, especially armed with a weapon.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Provided with a heel or a heel-like protuberance.
- Shod: usually in the slang phrase well heeled, well shod, conditioned, or circumstanced: applied to a player at cards who has a good hand, to a person who possesses plenty of money, or to a man who is well armed.
From heel. (Wiktionary)