from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A baby; an infant.
- n. An innocent or naive person.
- n. Slang A young woman.
- n. Informal Sweetheart; dear. Used as a term of endearment.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A baby or infant; a very young human or animal.
- n. An attractive person, especially a young woman.
- n. Darling (term of endearment).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An infant; a young child of either sex; a baby.
- n. A doll for children.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An infant; a young child of either sex.
- n. A child's doll.
- n. One who is like a babe in any respect; a person of infantine or childish character or ability: as, he is a mere babe in that man's hands.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk
- n. (slang) sometimes used as a term of address for attractive young women
I. ii.118 (294,1) like a babe] That is a _weeping babe_.
Among those risking romantic rejection and public humiliation is a ski instructor keen to propose in salopettes, a sailor who uses the word "babe" as punctuation, and a civil servant who stores his engagement ring in a laundry tablet dispersal bag.
He watched the word babe hit her across the face like a hard slap, along with more he didn’t mean, but somehow couldn’t stop from saying.
There are far more lude and inappropriate visuals seconds away on the very computer we all are reading this on, that if a fully clothed booth babe is of grave concern, lock out Field and Stream's web site so the aforementioned young girls can't see the naked fish either.
I'm new to this mom thing (my babe is 4mo), but I'm already getting fed up with the pressure to always have my crap together.
I'm guessing behind every booth babe is a well dress and informative representative for each company ready to answer questions about each product.
So if a babe is wearing a shirt saying, "he's my BR BITCH", she probably has serious issues.
Personally, my babe is still only 1 1/2 but another mum breastfeeding in front of me without a covering of some sort would make me uncomfortable.
Hah, the last babe is holding a spray painted nerf longshot .......
My babe is now 15 months old and I am JUST beginning to stomach the idea of another pregnancy (beginning!).
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.