from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A nursing infant or young animal.
- n. A carefully nurtured person or thing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A young child or animal being nursed
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, is nursed; an infant; a fondling.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which is nursed; an infant; a child; a fondling.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an infant considered in relation to its nurse
Sorry, no etymologies found.