from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Arousing or apt to arouse suspicion; questionable: suspicious behavior.
- adj. Tending to suspect; distrustful: a suspicious nature.
- adj. Expressing suspicion: a suspicious look.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Arousing suspicion.
- adj. distrustful or tending to suspect.
- adj. Expressing suspicion
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Inclined to suspect; given or prone to suspicion; apt to imagine without proof.
- adj. Indicating suspicion, mistrust, or fear.
- adj. Liable to suspicion; adapted to raise suspicion; giving reason to imagine ill; questionable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Inclined to suspect; apt to imagine without proof; entertaining suspicion or distrust; distrustful; mistrustful.
- Indicating suspicion, mistrust, or fear.
- Liable to cause suspicion; adapted to raise suspicion; questionable: as, suspicious innovations; a person met under suspicious circumstances.
- Synonyms Jealous.
- Doubtful, dubious.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not as expected
- adj. openly distrustful and unwilling to confide
Sorry, no etymologies found.