from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Jealous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of a person or animal, having green eyes.
- adj. jealous, envious
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having green eyes.
- adj. Seeing everything under the influence of emotions which discolor or distort.
- adj. suspicious or unduly suspicious or fearful of being displaced by a rival.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having green eyes.
- Figuratively, having the mental perception disturbed, as by passion, especially by jealousy; seeing all things discolored or distorted.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. suspicious or unduly suspicious or fearful of being displaced by a rival
Sorry, no etymologies found.