from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Small, slender, and trim. Used of a girl or woman. See Synonyms at small.
- n. A clothing size for short slender women.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of a woman: fairly short and of slim build.
- adj. Of women's clothing: of small size.
- adj. Small, little; insignificant; petty.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Small, little; of a woman or girl, of small size and trim figure.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Little; of small size; tiny.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a garment size for short or slender women
- adj. very small
French, feminine of petit; see petit.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Borrowing from French petite, feminine of petit ("small, little"). (Wiktionary)