from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A weak chirping sound, as of a young or small bird.
- intransitive v. To utter a weak chirping sound.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The sound of a bird; any short high-pitched sound or whistle.
- n. An entry posted on the microblogging service Twitter; can be a post or status update.
- v. To make a short high-pitched sound, like that of certain birds.
- v. To post an update to Twitter.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. squeeze tightly between the fingers
- n. a weak chirping sound as of a small bird
- v. make a weak, chirping sound
Imitative.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)