from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An act of coming between; an intervention.
- n. Intervention; interposition.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of coming between; intervention; mediation; interposition.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of intermediating, or the state of being intermediate; intervention; interposition; intermediacy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of intervening for the purpose of bringing about a settlement
intermediate (“verb”) + -ion (Wiktionary)