from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An attempt to make two people romantically interested in each other, especially an attempt to set up a date between people or to arrange a marriage.
- n. A service aiming to bring together sellers and buyers or potential partners.
- n. The act or process of locating suitable players to take part in a multiplayer game session.
- v. Present participle of matchmake.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of making matches for kindling or burning.
- n. The act or process of trying to bring about a marriage for others.
- adj. Busy in making or contriving marriages.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or practice of setting one's self to bring about marriages.
- Tending to make matches; active in bringing about marriages.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. mediation in order to bring about a marriage between others
compound match + making (Wiktionary)