from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To honk like a goose
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The cry of the wild goose. Also honk (which see).
- Sick or feigned to be sick; in poor condition; in ‘bad trim,’ as a race-horse.
- Unsound; cranky; shaky; unstable; ‘crooked’: as, crank financial institutions.
- Obtained by theft or fraud; stolen: as, cronk goods.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. cry like a goose
- v. utter a hoarse sound, like a raven
Sorry, no etymologies found.