from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The hoarse raucous sound that is characteristic of a crow or similar bird.
- intransitive v. To utter such a hoarse raucous sound.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The harsh cry of a crow.
- v. Of a crow, to make its cry.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To cry like a crow, rook, or raven.
- n. The cry made by the crow, rook, or raven.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To cry like a crow, rook, raven, or jackdaw.
- n. The cry of the crow, rook, raven, or jackdaw.
- To drive: as, to caw a nail; to caw cattle to market. Often abbreviated to ca'.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. utter a cry, characteristic of crows, rooks, or ravens
- n. the sound made by corvine birds
Imitative.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)