from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A clang or repeated clanging.
- n. A loud racket; a din.
- intransitive v. To make a clangor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of clangour.
- v. Alternative spelling of clangour.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A sharp, harsh, ringing sound.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A sharp, metallic, ringing sound; resonant, clanging sound; clang; clamorous noise; shrill outcry.
- To make a clangor; clang; clank; resound.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make a loud resonant noise
- n. a loud resonant repeating noise
- v. make a loud noise
Latin, from clangere, to clang.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)