from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Possible to contradict or declare untrue: deniable accusations.
- adj. Being such that plausible disavowal or disclaimer is possible: "Covert action was deniable; a Pentagon program would not be” ( Bob Woodward).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Able to be denied or contradicted
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being, or liable to be, denied.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being denied or contradicted.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. capable of being denied or contradicted
Sorry, no etymologies found.