from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Being such that formal argument or discussion is possible.
- adj. Open to dispute; questionable.
- adj. In dispute, as land or territory claimed by more than one country.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Controversial. Not fully proved, open to debate, sometimes used humorously.
- adj. Of a person, argumentative.
- adj. A fitting subject for debate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Liable to be debated; disputable; subject to controversy or contention; open to question or dispute.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Admitting of debate or argument; disputable; subject to controversy or contention; questionable: as, a debatable question; debatable claims.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. open to argument or debate
- adj. capable of being disproved
- adj. open to doubt or debate
Sorry, no etymologies found.