from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Open to argument: an arguable question, still unresolved.
- adj. That can be argued plausibly; defensible in argument: three arguable points of law.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That which can be argued; i.e., that which can be proven or strongly supported with sound logical deduction, precedent, and evidence.
- adj. Open to doubt, argument or debate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being argued; admitting of debate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of being argued; admitting argument.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. open to argument or debate
- adj. capable of being supported by argument
argue + -able (Wiktionary)