from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Threatening with or expressing condemnation; damning.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. containing a sentence of condemnation
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Dooming to damnation; condemnatory.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Containing a sentence of condemnation; assigning to damnation; condemnatory; damning: as, the damnatory clauses of the Athanasian creed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. threatening with damnation
From Latin damnatorius, corresponding to damn + -atory (Wiktionary)