from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Involving or constituting a libel; defamatory.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. defamatory, libeling, referring to something that causes harm to someone's reputation especially with malice or disregard.
- adj. meeting the legal standards for libel.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Containing or involving a libel; defamatory; containing that which exposes some person to public hatred, contempt, or ridicule.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Containing a libel; of the nature of a libel; defamatory; containing that which exposes to public hatred, contempt, or ridicule: as, a libelous picture.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (used of statements) harmful and often untrue; tending to discredit or malign
Sorry, no etymologies found.