from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a synod; synodal.
- adj. Relating to the conjunction of celestial bodies, especially the interval between two successive conjunctions of a planet or the moon with the sun.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, related to or produced by a synod; synodal
- adj. Of or pertaining to the conjunction of two or more heavenly bodies
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a synod; transacted in, or authorized by, a synod.
- adj. Pertaining to conjunction, especially to the period between two successive conjunctions; extending from one conjunction, as of the moon or a planet with the sun, to the next
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as synodical.
Latin synodicus, Ancient Greek συνοδικός (sunodikos, "of or related to an assembly or meeting"). Equivalent to synod + -ic. (Wiktionary)