from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. offensively condescending
- v. Present participle of patronize.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Showing condescending favor; assuming the manner of airs of a superior toward another.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Betokening the condescension of a patron; condescendingly or superciliously favorable: as, a patronizing smile. Also spelled patronising.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (used of behavior or attitude) characteristic of those who treat others with condescension
Sorry, no etymologies found.