American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Having no covering over the face.
- adj. Having no beard.
- adj. Without disguise; unconcealed.
- adj. Undisguisedly bold; brazen. See Synonyms at shameless.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- With the face uncovered; not masked.
- Undisguised: unreserved; without concealment; open: in a good or an indifferent sense.
- Undisguised or open, in a bad sense; hence, shameless; impudent; audacious: as, a barefaced falsehood.
- adj. Undisguisedly offensive and bold; crude; coarse; brazen
- adj. Open, undisguised
- adj. Unbearded (not having a beard or other facial hair)
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. With the face uncovered; not masked.
- adj. Without concealment; undisguised. Shameless; audacious.
- adj. unrestrained by convention or propriety
- adj. with no effort to conceal
- From bare + faced (Wiktionary)
“And such I call barefaced and downright wantonness and waste," interrupted his sturdy disputant.”
“Not surprisingly, folks using the word barefaced were open to shifting the adjective into the metaphoric realm: barefaced soon came to describe something”
“Alex Salmond's critique of the Coalition Government has been called 'barefaced cheek' Simon Johnson, Scottish Political Editor”
“Expect I will be called a barefaced liar and what not now, accused of smearing Tim etc.”
“This is called a barefaced tenon, and it will be noticed that the portion which carries the mortise is thicker than the rail on which the tenon is cut.”
“We are seeing more reports of new discoveries and populations because this region is relatively poorly known, particularly when it comes to cryptic and less fashionable groups like fish and amphibians," said Mahood, whose group this year announced finding the first nest of white-eared night heron in Vietnam and the discovery of a baldheaded song bird in Laos called the barefaced Bulbul Pycnonotus hualon.”
“Not only did he originate new words but also familiar compounds, such as "barefaced,”
“We are seeing more reports of new discoveries and populations because this region is relatively poorly known, particularly when it comes to cryptic and less fashionable groups like fish and amphibians, '' said Mahood, whose group this year announced finding the first nest of white-eared night-heron in Vietnam and the discovery of a bald-headed songbird in Laos called the barefaced Bulbul Pycnonotus hualon.”
“It's the most amateurish approach to 'government' I've ever beheld, and this shameless abrogation of responsibility is justified with nothing but barefaced lies.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘barefaced’.
A complete Barron's Wordlist for GRE preparation. Your online flashcard replacement.
An extensive list I have been working on for quite some time. Feel free to add more of the kind if you miss any.
words that describe facial hair,
some cute ones here
words i need to memorize
Taisha GRE Bible
Vocabulary building for my quest of GRE 2013
amber words is the term I use for words that are all but fossilized, in the sense that their use is always in the context of a single expression. Examples include caboodle, dudgeon, umbrage
because wordsmith is not a verb.
Words that I do not know or unsure for toefl
from 86 to 90
random words that roll off my tongue
Looking for tweets for barefaced.