from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- In the New Testament, the husband of Elizabeth and the father of John the Baptist.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The father of John the Baptist.
- proper n. A male given name.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an Old Testament book telling the prophecies of Zechariah which are concerned mainly with the renewal of Israel after the Babylonian Captivity
- n. a Hebrew minor prophet of the late 6th century BC
From the New Testament Greek form of Old Testament Zachariah and Zechariah, Hebrew secharyah "Yahweh has remembered". (Wiktionary)