American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Skilled or expert; proficient: He is practiced in the art of design. She is a practiced lecturer.
- adj. Acquired or brought to perfection by practice: greeted the guests with practiced courtesy.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See practised, practiser.
- adj. skillful, proficient, knowledgeable or expert as a result of practice
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of practice.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Experienced; expert; skilled.
- adj. Used habitually; learned by practice.
- adj. having or showing knowledge and skill and aptitude
- adj. skillful after much practice
“Eugenics, practiced from the time Germany used it, could have made us stronger and smarter by design.”
“The type of music that McCroskey practiced is known as the “Horrorcore” genre.”
“Performing simple tasks, not ones that require huge amounts of concentration, and ideally tasks at which we are quite practiced, is the way to conquer the vicious circle of negative thoughts.”
“Additionally, Sadam Hussein practiced ethnic cleansing.”
“About the only place where you will still see human slavery practiced is in ...”
“If they are then claimed to be Adam and Eve's offspring, can we then conclude that INCEST is practiced from the beginning of time?”
“It's true that immunity as it's currently practiced is a creature of legislation.”
“Then they roll the bottle down their arm which, when practiced, is precisely the distance needed to leave the cap in their hand and a nice, fresh bottle of open wine in the other - ready to pour.”
“Their "two-minute drill," as they call their practiced introductions, "summarizes who you are professionally, what you've done and what you want to do," says group leader (and my brother) Robert Bryant.”
“Also, the way in which this deeply introspective subjectivity was practiced, that is, in self-mastery, entailed a highly rational and radically methodical attitude towards one's inner self and the outer, objective world.”
Looking for tweets for practiced.