from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Possessing or exercising skill; expert. See Synonyms at proficient.
- adj. Characterized by, exhibiting, or requiring skill.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Possessing skill.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Discerning; reasonable; judicious; cunning.
- adj. Possessed of, or displaying, skill; knowing and ready; expert; well-versed; able in management; ; -- often followed by at, in, or of.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. etc. See skilful, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. done with delicacy and skill
- adj. having or showing knowledge and skill and aptitude
From Middle English skilful, skylfull, scelvol, equivalent to skill + -ful. (Wiktionary)