from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Scots Fine; splendid.
- adj. Scots Dressed in a fine or showy manner.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Well-dressed; handsome; smart; brave; -- used of persons or their clothing, etc..
- adj. Good; fine.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Brave; fine; gay; handsome; pleasant; agreeable; worthy; excellent; stout: as, a braw new gown; a braw man; braw lads and bonny lasses.
- One's best apperel; finery.
- n. A noisy quarrel; loud, angry contention; and uproar; row; squabble: as, “stout polemick brawl,”
- n. Synonyms Broil, Affray, etc. See quarrel, n.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. brightly colored and showy
Scots, variant of brave.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)