American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Being at or placed in the center.
- adj. Having a specified center. Often used in combination: a soft-centered candy; a yellow-centered daisy.
- adj. Self-confident, goal-oriented, and well-balanced: "He's a centered guy. He's always seemed to know what he wanted, and gone after it in a concrete way” ( Vanity Fair).
- adj. Pertaining to the location that is middle-most to.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of center.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. being or placed in the center.
- adj. concentrated on or clustered around a central point or purpose.
- adj. being or placed in the center
“I think the problem is that you are using the term centered when that is not really what you mean. by Lumpy Burgertushie » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4: 29 am”
“I can tell you that I never begin working on a story until I have a title centered at the top of the first page.”
“She appeared to be the epitome of the psycho-babble term centered.”
“And these days, it is entirely possible to have a label centered on one artist, particularly in something as personality driven as hip-hop.”
“Guitar hero's recent sales have been strong and they should continue with the upcoming release of their new title centered around Metallica.”
“KEY RETURNEES: Crawford will be the man around whom the offense is again centered if he returns after averaging 20.5 points.”
“My characters don't necessarily "confess" as such, but I do allow the reader to see that each of them, however self-centered, is operating out of his or her deepest longings and desires.”
“Hillary clinton gave a clean race and she should remain centered on what she beleives which is nothing that supports the Obama plan.”
“Hillary Clinton gave a clean race and she should remain centered on what she believes which is nothing that supports the Obama plan.”
“Briere was whistled for holding and roughing, and the double-minor cost the Flyers when Ovechkin centered Nicklas Backstrom for the power-play goal that tied the score at 1.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘centered’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Words related to the mental state of "being in the present in the moment".
The new favourite words of people on Twitter.
A script searches Twitter for "X is my new favourite word" and adds it to this list.
thunderfuck, incredible, merp, sara, flopparoo, smother, fugly, buer, plum, canny, nefelibata, cuntbucket and 2455 more...
Words that have only one of the vowels. On this list I include only words with at least three vowels. When I first started the list, if a word had several forms, I generally listed only the one wit...
Looking for tweets for centered.