from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Aware or conscious of something.
- adj. Done intentionally or with premeditation; deliberate.
- v. Present participle of wit2.
- n. Chiefly British Knowledge or awareness; cognizance.
- n. Chiefly British Information obtained and passed on; news.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Knowledge, awareness.
- adj. aware, knowledgable
- v. Present participle of wit.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Knowledge; perception.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. aware or knowing
- adj. intentionally conceived
Partly from Old Norse vitand, partly from the present participle of wit. (Wiktionary)
Participle adjective of wit. (Wiktionary)