from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Architecture Joined to or by a wall, especially by sharing a wall with another building; not freestanding: a block of attached houses.
- adj. Biology Living in a permanently fixed state in the adult stage, as the barnacle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of attach.
- adj. In a romantic or sexual relationship.
- adj. Broadly joined to a stem or stipe, but not decurrent.
- adj. Of a residential building, sharing walls with similar buildings on two, usually opposite, sides.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. fastened together.
- adj. being joined in close association; -- of people or organizations.
- adj. fastened onto another object; -- of objects smaller than the main object.
- adj. connected by a common wall or passageway; -- used of buildings.
- adj. permanently attached to a substrate; not free to move about.
- adj. associated in an exclusive sexual relationship; -- opposite of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. used of buildings joined by common sidewalls
- adj. being joined in close association
- adj. associated in an exclusive sexual relationship
- adj. fond and affectionate
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The populist politics of discontent were later to be identified as Poujadism, a term attached to a short-lived revolt of the petite bourgeoisie against the stifling bureaucracy of France's Fourth Republic, and led by shopkeeper Pierre Poujade in 1953.
The UPC codes, respectively 5105803094 and 5105803095, can be found with the model number on a label attached to the gear box, near the left wheel in the rear.
Turn the quilt over and look for a label attached by the quilter.
Depending on the term attached to the deal, Schenn could command slightly more given he's younger than that group and has some upside.
I'm not any happier than a lot of us with how far both parties have moved to the right and how money is corrupting our political process, but sorry Joe, the party that has run off the cliff with being insane should not have their label attached to our current president.
His name attached to any substance would make it instantly appealing.
Why isn't Obama flattered to have his name attached to his signature achievement?
Having his name attached to any spirit is, to my mind, the ultimate seal of approval.
"Silly" is probably not a word most people would use to describe Zentropa—a name attached to films like Mr. von Trier's "Breaking the Waves" and "Dancer in the Dark," both of which won prizes at Cannes, and "Italian for Beginners," an international hit comedy, directed by Lone Scherfig.
And judging from app store comments, they care more about the name attached to the app than what it can do -- another likely reason for this heavy proliferation.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.