from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Designed and made to sell without concern for quality; cheap.
- n. A cheap item.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A cheap item designed to attract purchasers of other goods
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Made or contrived for getting small sums of money from the ignorant or unwary.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Something of little value, adapted to attract popular attention and thus secure a quick sale; anything externally attractive, made merely to sell.
- Made or got up to gain money; put forth merely to sell: as, a catchpenny pamphlet.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. designed to sell quickly without concern for quality
Sorry, no etymologies found.