from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to diet.
- n. A system or regimen of dieting.
- n. A regulated daily food allowance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or relating to diet
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to diet, or to the rules of diet.
- n. A rule of diet; a fixed allowance of food, as in workhouse, prison, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to diet or the rules of diet.
- n. A system or course of diet; a system of rules of diet.
- n. An allowance and regulation of food, especially for the inmates of a hospital, prison, or poorhouse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the diet
- n. a regulated daily food allowance
Sorry, no etymologies found.