from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to diet.
- n. A system or regimen of dieting.
- n. A regulated daily food allowance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or relating to diet
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to diet, or to the rules of diet.
- n. A rule of diet; a fixed allowance of food, as in workhouse, prison, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to diet or the rules of diet.
- n. A system or course of diet; a system of rules of diet.
- n. An allowance and regulation of food, especially for the inmates of a hospital, prison, or poorhouse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the diet
- n. a regulated daily food allowance
Sorry, no etymologies found.
-- Trainer: In this game, kids care for creatures with certain dietary or fitness needs.
Using good judgment in dietary choices can also help to diminish unnecessary adverse effects. 3
This process is called dietary induced thermogenesis.
Does this study represent a breakthrough in dietary management of obesity?
You were praising common sense in dietary choices, and I think we can agree that reducing your bacon-fat intake if you want to be healthier is just common sense in this day and age.
The FDA does not specify any limits for metal content in dietary supplements, leaving it to the manufacturers to ensure that their products are safe.
Los Angeles-based RNS is a health nutraceutical company with a concentration in dietary supplements for the digestive system.
The technique of stable isotopes was applied because this recently developed method allows tracking species 'main dietary specializations and trophic level position along food chains.
The DSEA Scientific Advisory Board is comprised of nationally recognized physicians and researchers who are experts in dietary supplements.www. supplementinfo.com
For some people, a drastic reduction in dietary sugars and some cutback in refined starches and wheat flour may help.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.