from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A can for oil, especially a can with a spout constructed to release oil drop by drop, as for lubricating machinery. Also called oiler.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A container with a long spout, for containing oil and delivering it in drops or small quantities for lubricating machinery
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small can with a long spout used to apply oil to machinery, for purposes of lubrication.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Any can for holding oil; specifically, a small can of various shapes, provided with a long, narrow, tapering spout, used for lubricating machinery, etc.; an oiler.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a can with a long nozzle to apply oil to machinery
Sorry, no etymologies found.