American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A can for oil, especially a can with a spout constructed to release oil drop by drop, as for lubricating machinery. Also called oiler.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Any can for holding oil; specifically, a small can of various shapes, provided with a long, narrow, tapering spout, used for lubricating machinery, etc.; an oiler.
- n. A container with a long spout, for containing oil and delivering it in drops or small quantities for lubricating machinery
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A small can with a long spout used to apply oil to machinery, for purposes of lubrication.
- n. a can with a long nozzle to apply oil to machinery
“Water I already had as a Z-Vex Seek Wah fed into a mid-speed Z-Vex Ooh Wah, or at least that's what I used for the elemental piece we performed last May: but last May I didn't have the Morley EVO-1 "oilcan" echo pedal, which is a liquid-based delay pedal with a ridiculously liquid sound and saturation, so add that in as an flavoring agent.”
“Ravens fly low with their swishing wing creak, their oilcan cry.”
“A rusted oilcan overflowed with beer cartons covered in snow.”
“There was a saddlebag with spanner and oilcan, but no clue as to the owner.”
“One lousy cigarette, a towel left on the stove, an oilcan in the garage, or careless kid with matches could take out your house as well.”
“But he was curious about what had happened between the time she was at the Barker Hotel and the night she ended up folded into an oilcan.”
“Using the Morley / Tel-Ray oilcan echo as a final light wash of echo over everything gives an astral quality to the entire proceedings.”
“Picked up the Morley / Tel-Ray oilcan delay from Fat Sound *un*repaired.”
“Chose to not take: Morley/Tel-Ray oilcan echo (huge, plus even I feel that there is a diminishing return on layers of echo/chorus/reverb), E-H 16sec reissue (had four loopers without it), Moog phaser (a bit too subtle for what I wanted to do - the Moog ring mod isn't subtle), Moog lowpass filter (didn't want the boom-wah sound, or the rolloff tone).”
“Earlier this week, ordered Switchcraft jacks to repair / have repaired my Morley oilcan delay (explanation of these things) (picture of one the same as I have).”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘oilcan’.
Words and phrases that have "oil" in them.
Looking for tweets for oilcan.