from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The study of death and dying, especially in their psychological and social aspects.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The study of human aspects of death and the associated grief and rituals.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A description, or the doctrine, of death.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The doctrine of death; a discourse on death.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of science that studies death (especially its social and psychological aspects)
Greek thanatos, death + -logy.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From thanato- + -ology. (Wiktionary)