American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The study of fecal excrement, as in medicine, paleontology, or biology.
- n. An obsession with excrement or excretory functions.
- n. The psychiatric study of such an obsession.
- n. Obscene language or literature, especially that dealing pruriently or humorously with excrement and excretory functions.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The science of fossil excrement; the knowledge of animals which may be acquired by the examination of coprolites.
- n. Study of the feces in relation to normal and pathological composition and the diagnostic importance of the latter.
- n. The study of the use (or examination) of excrements in religious rites, witchcraft, etc.
- n. a preoccupation with obscenity (especially that dealing with excrement or excretory functions)
- n. (medicine) the chemical analysis of excrement (for medical diagnosis or for paleontological purposes)
- From Ancient Greek σκῶρ (skōr, "excrement") + -ology. (Wiktionary)
“February 19th, 2010 at 7: 16 pm just the bleepn facts says: dorkkkunt has a phd in scatology … Zzzzz …”
“The doctor of scatology is flinging irrelevant sh!”
“The bovine scatology from the dems on lowering deficit, saving medicare, and lowering health care costs would make a blowfly wince.”
“The meaning of the text is that the child has some sort of bizarre disorder, perhaps an inordinate interest in scatology.”
“Edit otoh, mayb he just innately realizes that the study of ID is best defined as scatology?”
“I found your story "Break the Vessel" unique in its combination of a scatology theme and a traditional fantasy setting.”
“As with all Aristophanic plays, 'Peace' involves much innuendo, scatology and obscenity, and indeed the play opens with two slaves onstage, working dung into 'cakes' in a mixing bowl.”
“KayinMaine-we both have doctorate degrees. in what? scatology?”
“That's guro as in ero guro, which refers to a type of work that features a reliance on shocking, gruesome and often disturbing displays of sex, violence and general scatology.”
“Another more appropriate point of comparison may be Johnny Ryan, though Kago's more realistic art style makes the display of blood, guts, sex and scatology appreciably more unsettling than Ryan's comics ever do.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘scatology’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
My big word list.
Words that I come across, and go blank, or want to clarify.
All the words from the Grandiloquent Dictionary.
946 of these 2700 words do not yield any results in six different dictionaries, hence many of them might be misspellings.
words describing the sexual parts of life
This quickly got bigger and weirder than originally intended, so now it's housing terms that relate to the study of dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures. See also Dinosaurs, Pterosaurs, Ichthy...
I found several pages of words in an old notebook. By the looks of it, they were words I learnt some time ago (and subsequently wrote down) from books by Patrick O'Brian and China Mieville, two aut...
Looking for tweets for scatology.