from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The study of fecal excrement, as in medicine, paleontology, or biology.
- n. An obsession with excrement or excretory functions.
- n. The psychiatric study of such an obsession.
- n. Obscene language or literature, especially that dealing pruriently or humorously with excrement and excretory functions.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The scientific study, or the chemical analysis of faeces.
- n. A filthy epithet.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The science of fossil excrement; the knowledge of animals which may be acquired by the examination of coprolites.
- n. Study of the feces in relation to normal and pathological composition and the diagnostic importance of the latter.
- n. The study of the use (or examination) of excrements in religious rites, witchcraft, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a preoccupation with obscenity (especially that dealing with excrement or excretory functions)
- n. (medicine) the chemical analysis of excrement (for medical diagnosis or for paleontological purposes)
From Ancient Greek σκῶρ (skōr, "excrement") + -ology. (Wiktionary)