from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or resembling swine or a pig: "a bald porcine old man” ( Vladimir Nabokov).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or pertaining to, the pig.
- adj. Overweight to the extent of resembling a pig; morbidly obese.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to swine; characteristic of the hog.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In zoology, resembling or related to swine; suilline: as, porcine characters or affinities.
- Swinish; hoggish; piggish: applied to persons in derision or contempt.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. resembling swine; coarsely gluttonous or greedy
- adj. relating to or suggesting swine
- adj. repellently fat
Middle English, from Old French porcin, from Latin porcīnus, from porcus, pig; see porko- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From the Latin adjective porcinus, from the noun porcus ("pig"). (Wiktionary)