from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a rodent of the family Muridae or subfamily Murinae, including rats and mice.
- adj. Caused, transmitted, or affected by such a rodent: a murine plague.
- n. A murine rodent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of, the mouse, rat or (more generally) any mammal of the family Muridae.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to a family of rodents (Muridæ), of which the mouse is the type.
- n. One of a tribe of rodents, of which the mouse is the type.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Muriform or myomorphic in general; resembling a mouse or a rat; specifically, of or pertaining to the family Muridæ or the subfamily Murinæ.
- n. A mouse or a rat.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or transmitted by a member of the family Muridae (rats and mice)
- n. a rodent that is a member of the family Muridae
Latin mūrīnus, of mice, from mūs, mūr-, mouse.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)